Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Now I'm stuck, how I feel, I don't know if it's real"

Every season, or even part of a season, is closely tied to memories in my mind. How I feel is like clothing I wear to match the weather.

There is no recreating moments that are long gone. All I do have are the memories, which, knowing me, I've transformed and romanticized far beyond their original format.

Me, Olivia and Dan. Every night, that was the trio. And then I'd recruit Kierin and we were fucking unstoppable. It was exhilarating, Kierin always kept me on my toes, and we played off of each other, like a precisely calibrated machine.

Feels like I was a different person, in a different place, at a different time.

To be continued, maybe. I have a lunch date to get ready for, my favorite mining engineer is in town for his bimonthly visit.

No comments: