Monday, October 6, 2008

Studying Memory

Memories are designed to disappear if you don't repeat them, that's why studying involves repetition, learning a song involves repetition, but it's also applicable to anything else you want to remember. For example, the reason I remember so vividly the time I went to Jon's house five years ago on a cool early fall day and we stood around his front door patio talking about Zen and books is because I replayed the memory in my mind several times since.

I've been doing it unwittingly for years, replaying scenarios of my day in my head. Now I'm wondering how I can harvest this technique and maximize my memory. My problem is it's slightly less appealing to actively think of something you're not all that interested in, i.e. Marketing.

Time to read the chapter on 'Business Markets and Business Buyer Behaviour' and then go on a bike ride around Ile-Bizard while thinking of the chapter's key concepts.

No comments: