Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Do-Gooder plans are Foiled!

I've been playing Fallout 3 these days in the wee bit of spare time I make for myself (read: I should be working then too, but don't). I've been trying to be a good person in the game but I've fucked up a lot. I got the first friend I made killed, then found out that also orphaned his son; I tried to free some slaves from bondage but accidentally made their electonic collars explode, etc.

Today in the real world though (which is far less exciting than an apocalyptic world, but it's probably better off that way), I was doing my usual 5km jog around Centennial Park when I came across a friendly siberian tiger-looking cat who rubbed up against me (yay allergies). I knew I'd seen posters up for a lost cat, so I made my way to the poster (about 15 minutes later), took down the phone number, ran home all the while saying to myself "I'll turn down the reward, it wouldn't be right to accept it." I called the guy up and he said, "We found our cat, he came home."

I guess the important thing is that these people found their cat. As for me, maybe I'll go into the slavery business now instead of trying to save them. It'll be for their own safety.

No comments: