Friday, February 10, 2012

Taking it Back to a Hardcore Level

Here are some of the things I'm up to these days:

- Working: leave my house at 8am, get home at 6:30pm. I haven't been getting much out of my work except money. Bug fixing is not conducive to personal growth. This takes up the biggest chunk of my time.
- Exercise: I've been lazying on the weight-lifting front, opting instead to stay in during evenings. I still get some walk/cardio time during the day. Now that its been a good two weeks, I'm starting to feel the need to start going evenings again, as draining as it is.
- Creative writing: I've been mapping out the storyarchs and characters of my novel. I find that writing overalls and concept is much easier than actually writing the thing. I'm still on the first chapter, even if I have a pretty clear idea of how the whole story will go. Also I can't write in the evening, my brain is too tired, so I'm limited to on-the-train.
- Making music: I gave up at trying to figure it out on my own and enlisted my coworker Vac to teach me how to use Cubase to record and to program music. My first goal will be to record my own version of Ocean Soul, since it's the song I know best. Not sure where to fit in time for this.
- Video editing: I finally got a copy of my trainer Krystle's video and I need to find some online tutorials on how I might go about creating an intro and including some graphics. I hope to do this on one of my upcoming Fridays off.
- Drawing: I shouldn't even put this in the list, because it's so low in priority. I just wish I could do 1 photoshop drawing of Tania.
- Roleplayinging: Roleplaying while playing SWTOR. It's a double-edged sword. On one hand, I feel like it just makes me a happier person, like it enhances my drive and creativity. On the other hand it's such a time-sink that it takes time away from other goals.

No comments: