Thursday, March 15, 2012

People Equal ???

Let me preface this by:

This is an observation, not a criticism.

When you leave your computer unlocked where I work, you risk someone going on your machine and e-mailing the department saying you'll be buying Timbits in the morning. This happened to me yesterday.

But we've been getting Timbits weekly, sometimes several times a week, and so I decided to bake some mini cupcakes instead.

I arrived with exactly 31 cupcakes (after giving some to family members), and 12 full-sized doughnuts, for a total of 43 items.

I got roughly about 10 thank yous. That's a 25% thank you to consumption ratio.

That seems low to me, probably because I'm big on thank yous. But I don't wanna write people off as just being jerks, though that might be the case in some people. I guess some are shy, others just busy and forgetful, some just figure it's not a big enough thing to warrant a thank you, etc.

The longer I live, the more I experience a rainbow of personalities. And I'm often left feeling like "man, I just don't -get- people!"

But I keep trying.

No comments: