Friday, April 10, 2009

Am I Not Merciful?

My lack of patience with others is disheartening sometimes. I want to let the small things roll off me like water off a duck.

*****

My neighbour must be a saint. I had forgotten, due to a long winter spent indoors, how when I am in my back yard I can hear my neighbour's wife going on and on like a yappy little dog. What is she even saying? I don't hear the words, just the tone in her voice. It sounds like she's nagging or criticizing or ordering him around. I don't know how the fuck he can stand it. They're in their 70's so I guess this is just 'how things are'.

*****

For years now I've been trying to identify what my patterns are in life. Some patterns are good and necessary. My need to exercise is one of these needs I absolutely love. I feel sorry for people for whom exercising is a chore. But I digress...

I'm trying to find the negative patterns, those that are holding me back.

My writing flow has been broken, so I'll stop here.

No comments: